Monday, July 28, 2008

Ekta's Dushasan is called Eijaz

Eijaz Khan is playing Dushasan in Ekta's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabhaarat Ki. Despite being a Muslim, Eijaz has no qualms about doing the role and says he is preparing very hard for the role.



An excited Eijaz says, "I am an actor so religion does not come in between. I have seen DVD's of the original Mahabharat and I know Vinod Kapoor who played Dushasan in it. The language has a Sanskrit touch so I have practiced hard for it. I also read Mahabharat after signing this show. It took only 8 days for me. As far as training is concerned I am already a black belt holder and have done martial arts too. I am very particular about my body."

The actor, who has worked with Balaji in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka says he always wanted to portray a negative character. He adds, "The other reason for doing this show was it is a huge show and I wanted to become famous. Manish Malhotra has given us a nice look and Aleem good hair styles so what more I can ask for. We all knew that it is a grand show. My character of Dushasan is very powerful; his power was often compared to 100 elephants. Even Bheem was tired of him after fighting with him for 18 days in the Kurukshtra war. Finally, Lord Krishna had to help him out. Shakuni too chose Dushasan to get Draupadi because he was very powerful."



Sharing his working experience, he says, "It was mind-blowing. Once we were shooting for the cheerharan scene. Anita, who is playing Draupadi is very sweet. She told me to be careful while pulling her saree but I was so embarrassed and scared that I was not ready for it. I did the scene and everyone was laughing at my initial nervousness. But the scene came out really well in the end."

Eijaz will soon be seen in the film EK-The Power Of One where he is again playing a negative.

His new show Tera Ashirwad starts on July 27 in which he is playing the lead role.

No comments:

FILMY KHABAAR